Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Why would anyone hire me??

Since this semester has been really hard on me, I have been thinking about other things I can do, so that I am not just in school (even if this means taking a little longer to get my degree). I have been thinking of getting a job (and a hobby :), but then I realized I HAVE NO SPECIAL (practical) SKILLS!! What can I offer someone who I am asking for a job?? I guess I have to define what kind of a job I would look for... but still... I don't know how I would convince someone to pay me money to do something.

Hi, my name is Rebeca and I know what entropy is. Congratulations, you are hired!!!

Having realized this, I have a new mission: develop some useful skills!! I guess I have a few, but the more the marrier, right?

3 Comments:

Blogger Davo said...

Hey, that is not true!!! you've been studying physics for 3 years, that means you have developed some analytical thought, which is worth a lot in some places (the stock market, banks). And if that is not enough, you have leared to make mathjokes, and in today's job market that is a highly sought-after practical skill. In any case, when you do a PhD you learn to cook, clean, wipe, hoover, etc (tell me about it) so if everything else fails, you can always clean houses!!! (and use your analytical skills to figure out how to use the new dishwasher)

4:41 PM  
Blogger Rebe said...

The reason I am suffering so much at scool is because I HAVE NONE OF TJOSE ANALYTICAL SKILLS THAT i AM SUPPOSED TO HAVE!!!!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Rebe said...

AND MATH HUMOR IS TERRIBLE!! lo siento, pero mi sentido del humor mutó y nunca volverá a ser el mismo

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home